The HQ Truck Parts item, “Norgren Series 5040” is the Lift Axle Control Module
The Norgren 5040 Lift Axle Control Module serves the heavy-duty truck and trailer industry. It has a cast aluminum body with thermoplastic pistons and low-temperature nitrile seals.
The Norgren 5040 Lift Axle Module Series does not suffer from contamination and temperature extremes like more commonly used spool valves.
The chassis-mounted lift axle control module integrates two industry-proven, brake-style relay valves in a single unit. This gives excellent flow capability for rapid axle actuation. The 5040 lift axle control module is available in either electrical or air-pilot-operated versions and can be mounted directly on the transmission.
The 5040 Lift Axle Electric Control Module has these characteristics:
- Chassis mounted lift axle control module.
- Electrical connection: Metri-pack 150 Series ISO sealed female connector (P/N 12052644)
- Gage Port: A Side
- Function: Normally Open (N/O) or Normally Closed (N/C)
- Actuation: Solenoid
- Voltage: 12 Volt DC
- Operating Pressure: -30/120 degrees Fahrenheit
- Includes: electrically controlled solenoid
- System supply 1/2-14 NPTF
- Two delivery to load bag 1/2-14 NPTF
- Two delivery to lift bag 3/8-27 NPTF
- Regulated supply 1/8-27 NPTF 5.Gage port (optional) 1/8-27 NPTF
HQ Truck Parts Part Numbers:
- 5040-111-01 is Air-pilot operated and normally open only
- 5040-211-01 is Electric operated and normally closed
- 5040-311-01 is Electric operated and normally open