The HQ Truck Parts item, “Norgren Series 5040-211” is the Lift Axle Control Module – Normally Open (N/O) Solenoid Actuated
The Norgren 5040 Lift Axle Control Module serves the heavy-duty truck and trailer industry. It has a cast aluminum body with thermoplastic pistons and low-temperature nitrile seals.
The chassis-mounted lift axle control module integrates two industry-proven, brake-style relay valves in a single unit. This gives excellent flow capability for rapid axle actuation. The 5040 lift axle control module is available in either electrical or air-pilot-operated versions and can be mounted directly on the transmission.
The 5040 Lift Axle Control Module has these characteristics:
- Chassis mounted lift axle control module.
- Electrical connection: Metri-pack 150 Series ISO sealed female connector (P/N 12052644)
- Gage Port: A Side
- Function: Normally Open (N/O)
- Actuation: Solenoid
- Voltage: 12 Volt DC
- Operating Pressure: -30/120 degrees Fahrenheit
- Includes: electrically controlled solenoid
- 1.System supply 1/2-14 NPTF
- 2.Two delivery to load bag 1/2-14 NPTF
- 3.Two delivery to lift bag 3/8-27 NPTF
- 4.Regulated supply 1/8-27 NPTF 5.Gage port (optional) 1/8-27 NPTF
The 5040 Lift Axle Module Series does not suffer from contamination and temperature extremes like more commonly used spool valves.